- The dues for 2021 are $79.95 (plus GST)
- Individual Membership: $79.95 (plus GST)
- Corporate Membership: $199 (plus GST)
Professional dues and memberships are good for one full year from purchase date. Renewals received after their expiry date will incur a late fee administration charge of $10 plus GST. (Note: Late fees are not being charged during the Covid-19 pandemic).
- To support the organization that has been established to support you, Interpretive guides and the guiding community.
- To maintain your status as a certified guide in good standing with the interpretive guide association.
- To maintain your name on our website as a certified guide.
- To continue to receive member updates, job postings, and access to the guides and members section of the website.
- To gain access to our certified guides only pro-deals with Outdoor Research, Black Diamond, The North Face, Promotive, Asolo Boots, Vipole Poles, discounts at local partnering retailers, free and discounted tours with select companies, plus other benefits.
- To continue to receive discounts on upcoming professional development sessions and other IGA products and services
- To maintain professional credibility with your employers and guests
- To continue to be represented as a professional at meetings with government, municipalities, other guide associations and tourism throughout Canada and around the world.
Click here for details about the benefits of keeping your certification in good standing or becoming a member of the IGA.
Click on the “I forgot my password” button on the log-in page and reset it. You will receive an email with a link to reset the password. Once your password has been reset proceed to the login page.
There are three payment options:
- Payment on-line by credit card. (our on-line payment system has been upgraded and is easier to use)
- Email Money Transfer. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose this payment type please email us with the password you have set up for the transaction along with your name and details of what you are paying for.
- Pay by cash or cheque. Cash payment can be made in person at the Interpretive Guides Association’s office located in Canmore. Cheque or money order: Make cheque or money order out to “Interpretive Guides Association” and mail to:
Interpretive Guides Association
PO Box 8807, 203-820 Main St
All professional dues and membership fees are non-refundable.
Paying your membership keeps your certification active and in good standing. If you decide not to pay these fees we will have to change your status to “not active”. If you are not active you will not be listed on IGA’s website as a certified guide, you will not be given access to the IGA member benefits and your certification could become null and void after a period of time.
Please visit our reinstate your membership page to learn more about this process.
Log into the members section. and follow the appropriate links on the top navigation bar of the website.
The past year has been both busy. Here are a few highlights:
- We have partnered with the Global Alliance of Interpretation, National Association of Interpretation, InterpatMx and Interpretation Canada to bring you an America’s conference in interpretation in Feb 2021.
- We developed a brand new Interpretive Specialist course that is 100% interpretation focused and can be taught anywhere in Canada and around the world. We have now taught the course several times in Ontario, in the Yukon, in the Arctic, new locations in Alberta and are set to teach in Tofino in 2021.
- We have set up and presented all of our courses online through Zoom throughout 2020 with great success.
- We have set up and presented all our our professional development sessions over Zoom through Spring, Summer and Fall in 2020.
- We formed a new partnership with Interpretation Canada and have been working together to ensure interpreters across our country feel supported through professional development, training programs, certification and industry support.
- We signed a new pro-deal partner – The North Face is now a company that members can order from at pro-deal discounted rates.
- We continued our efforts to profile certified guides and businesses who hire certified guides throughout Canada and other areas of the World.
- We have continued to update the members section of the website and the member resource library
- We have made revisions to our professional interpreter course as well as our Apprentice and group management courses
- We now have a 4 season group management course allowing guides to operate in all 4 seasons (winter is now included)
- We now have 3 different instruction manuals and they are all available as pdf’s
- All of our courses are available in French, Japanese and English.
- We represented certified guides and the interpretive guiding community at several conferences in Canada and the US and have worked with tourism Canada to help ensure this profession is better understood and valued.
- We have been offering 40 hour Wilderness first aid and AST1 courses to members to ensure they are well prepared to take clients outdoors
- We offered our first even Wild About Nature public open house and professional development day.
- Our ED has presented and held workshops in Italy, France, Orlando and Ontario to showcase the IGA and interpretive guides in Canada.