Join Our Team!
Applications must be received by: January 26, 2020. Interviews will be held January 29th – 31st.
• This is a 1-year term contractor position working 5 – 40 hours a week to a maximum of 1300 hours a year with potential for renewal in subsequent years.
• Starting Date: February 2020
• Rate of Pay: $20 – $22 /hr, depending on experience
• Weekly Hours: This contract will require the individual to work up to 40 hours a week during the organization’s busy months (April, May, June, October, November, and January) and 5-20 hours a week during the slower periods. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing workloads and hours to not exceed 1300 during the one year term. Workloads vary weekly and can be planned in advance with guidance from senior staff).
• Coordinate and maintain course bookings, database and certifications
• Liaise with course instructors, suppliers, and participants
• Assist with Interpreter exams and homework
• Prepare course information packages and upload to the website
• Work within the course budgets
• Coordinate and maintain the Professional Interpreter course application process and exams
• Perform on-site course set up and conduct course introductions
• Issue course evaluations to participants and compile feedback for review
• Assist in creating, planning and organizing professional development programs and events
• Assist with maintaining file systems, policy and procedure documents
• Maintain and update the course implementation and procedures manual
• Maintain confidential records for the organization
• Assist with other duties as required
• Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Experience working with Google Drive and online platforms such as Survey Monkey
• Experience in WordPress an asset
• Strong administration, organization, communication (oral and written) and customer service skills
• Ability to work independently, set own schedule and work plan to meet organizational requirements and expectations
• Ability to problem solve
• Exceptional attention to detail in a fast paced environment
• Must have own computer. Proficiency with both Mac and PCs an asset
• Self-motivated, creative and able to work in a contractor role
• A good understanding and appreciation for the Interpretive Guides Association’s goals, objectives and courses
• Event planning experience an asset