Benefits of Membership
Anyone can become a member of the Interpretive Guides Association. There are two types of membership: Individual and Corporate.
Benefits of Individual membership with the Interpretive Guides Association:
- You are part of a vibrant association devoted to promoting excellence and professionalism in interpretation in the mountain parks.
- You are offered discounted rates to attend professional development sessions, courses and discounts on IGA products (e.g. Handbook for Interpretive Guides, Communicating Climate Change Manual)
- You have access to the members section of the website. This section of the website contains important and helpful resources for interpretive guides in the mountain parks.
- You will receive regular email updates and notices of job opportunities in interpretive guiding and other related fields
- You have representation at important Parks Canada meetings (e.g. Annual Planning Forum), business meetings and national interpretation meetings and workshops.
- As business licensing evolves, you will be able to, through the Interpretive Guides Association, have an active voice in the development of evolving business license criteria, monitoring & enforcement
- Discounts at some local businesses (Wilson’s Mountain Sports and Lululemon Athletica (Banff))
- Pro Deals:
- Outdoor Research
- Promotive, Top brands in your industry including Icebreaker are rewarding experts like you
- Asolo Boots and Vipole Poles
- For details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of corporate membership with the Interpretive Guides Association:
- You will receive the equivalent of up to two individual memberships (one is automatically assigned to the business owner, the other can be assigned to another guide working for your business).
- Free advertising of relevant guiding positions in our newsletters.
- You will have use of the Interpretive Guides Association Logo for your website and print materials. (note: to use the logo, you must have at least 2/3 of your programming offered by Professional Interpreters. The remainder can be offered by Apprentice Interpreters)
- Your company will get a link on the Interpretive Guides Association website (note: If your company hires Professional Interpreters to deliver at least 2/3 of its programs you will be listed on our “Hire a Guide Page.” If your company hires primarily individuals at the Apprentice or Basic level or is simply interested in supporting the Association and its goals, it will be listed on our “Sponsors and Links” page).
- You have representation at important Parks Canada meetings, business meetings and national interpretation meetings and workshops.