Benefits of Membership
Anyone can become a member of the Interpretive Guides Association. There are two types of membership: Individual and Corporate.
Benefits of Individual membership with the Interpretive Guides Association:
- You are part of a vibrant association devoted to promoting excellence and professionalism in interpretation around the world.
- You are offered discounted rates to attend professional development sessions and courses, plus offered discounts on IGA products (e.g. course manuals, interpretive props, clothing, etc.)
- You have access to the members section of the website. This section of the website contains important and helpful resources for interpreters, educators and guides.
- You will receive regular email updates, notices of job opportunities and a quarterly newsletter.
- You have representation at important interpretation and guide related meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Certification allows you to maintain a professional standard in your chosen industry and be seen as a professional in your field. This is important as tourism standards continue to improve and clients search out highly trained, quality services.
- Your yearly membership fees contribute to the ongoing development and success of your association, which is attached to your certification and training.
- Your membership fees keep your certification active and in good standing so you don’t have to re-certify or re-take courses regularly.
- Discounts for certified members are provided at some local businesses (visit your membership profile to find out which ones are currently offering services).
- Pro Deals have been secured and are being offered to certified (apprentice, professional and master) IGA guides:
- Outdoor Research
- Black Diamond
- ExpertVoice, Top brands in your industry including Icebreaker are rewarding experts like you
- The North Face
- Asolo Boots and Vipole Poles
- For more details on how to apply for these, email email@example.com
Benefits of corporate membership with the Interpretive Guides Association:
- Your corporate fee includes the company name on our website and two individual memberships to give to your guiding staff.
- Free job advertising of relevant interpretive guiding positions, in our newsletters.
- Free event advertising in our newsletter and social media pages where relevant and seen as a benefit to members.
- You will have use of the Interpretive Guides Association Logo for your website and print materials. (note: to use the logo, you must have at least 2/3 of your programming offered by Professional Interpreters or above. The remainder can be offered by Apprentice Interpreters)
- Your company will get a link on the Interpretive Guides Association website (note: If your company hires Professional Interpreters to deliver at least 2/3 of its programs you will be listed on our “Hire a Guide Page.” If your company hires primarily individuals at the Apprentice or Basic level or is simply interested in supporting the Association and its goals, it will be listed on our “Sponsors and Links” page).
- You have direct representation at important industry meetings, conferences and workshops.
- All of the benefits listed above that are also given to individual members.
Have a suggestion for other benefits you would like to be included as an individual or corporate member? Contact Tracey Gage at executive firstname.lastname@example.org