Professional Interpreter CourseCourse List
Online via Zoom Meetings, May 6-11, 2021
Location: This course will be held online via Zoom Meetings. You must have a good internet connection so you can participate via video throughout the course and the zoom app to participate in this course.
$720 plus GST
2 Course handbooks:
- How to Interpret
- Canadian Rockies Natural and Cultural History 6 days of online sessions (lectures, workshops and field trips)
Coaching and feedback for one 5-minute interpretive program that you will present on the final day. Handouts and activity sheets
- Day 1: Fundamentals of Interpretation Instruction/Workshop (9:00 am – 5:30 pm)
- Day 2: Fundamentals of Interpretation Instruction/Workshop (9:00 am – 5:30 pm)
- Day 3: Geology and Ecology of the Canadian Rockies Lecture (9:00 am - 5:30 pm)
- Day 4: Geology and Ecology Field Trip - done online (9:00 am – 5:30 pm)
- Day 5:
- Park Management, Ecological & Cultural Integrity Classroom session(9:00 am - 1:00 pm)
- Sense of place lecture (2:00 pm - 5:30 pm)
• Day 6:
- Park Management Field Trip Session presented online (9:00 am - 1:00 pm)
- Interpretation Workshop (1:00 pm - 5:30 pm)
This course is designed for those individuals who have experience working as an interpretive naturalist/interpretive guide in the Canadian Rockies. It goes much deeper into the material than the Apprentice Interpreter Course.
Please note: This is only a course and does not include the final testing leading to certification. In order to become certified as a Professional Interpreter, you must pass a written exam and the Design, Develop and Delivery Project.
In order to take the exam and complete the project, you must qualify with enough hours of experience and expertise by applying using our application package. You will be emailed a copy of the Professional Interpreter application package when you register and pay for this course. Make sure to go through it and submit your application to us well before the exam start dates.
To see if you qualify, please read through the application package before you register.
Exams and Project Evaluations take place in May, June, September, November, December, January, and February each year. We highly recommend that you take your exam and complete your project within 6 months of completing the course so you remember all the requirements and materials.
Exam and project evaluation fees are separate from the course costs.
- Written exam cost: $50 plus GST.
- Project evaluation cost: $120 plus GST
Please email email@example.com with your completed application package if you are interested in taking the written exam and completing the project and make sure to book your two dates at that time.
Prior to signing up for this IGA online course, please ensure your equipment and wifi are compatible with the Zoom platform by going to this website.
Refunds will not be issued for any reason (including illness and injury) if cancelling less than 3 weeks before your course start date. For more information regarding the refund policy please click here.