Dialogic Interpretation - Beyond the Basics - certificate programCourse List
Dialogic Interpretation - Beyond the Basics certificate - taught by DI expert Jacquie Gilson. Learn the fundamentals of DI so you can craft great questions, engage with your audiences and develop your own growth mindset within your life and career.
In these two, 3.5-hour interactive online training sessions (7 hours total), we will delve into six modules:
- Reviewing what DI is and how you could be using it in your own guiding, education and/or interpretive work.
- Using Small Talk, Activity Talk and Deep Talk to engage with your clients/students
- Crafting and asking great questions
- Figuring out the best facilitation techniques to use
- Discussing how to overcome barriers
- Knowing the importance of having a Growth Mindset
After each module you will reflect on how the content is applicable to your specific work and as a group, we will discuss ways to use DI in the current Covid situation.
Dates: March 9/10, 2021
Times: 6:00 - 9:30 PM MST each day
Cost: Members = $155; Non-Members = $175
This session will be held on Zoom so you will need a computer, laptop or device with a functioning camera and microphone to fully participate in the sessions.
Once you have registered, you will receive an email with the Zoom details and links to join. If you have not used Zoom before we highly recommend that you download the Zoom app and register for a free Zoom account. There are many great videos on Youtube to watch to help you get a good understanding of how Zoom works. Check out this one if you need a walkthrough and a few tips to make it work for you: Zoom Tutorial