Interpretive Specialist Certification CourseCourse List
This course includes two full days of interpretation and will help you take your interpretive programs to the next level. Course content includes theme development, Sam Ham's 4 qualities of interpretation and lots of hands-on practice so you can create engaging, meaningful, memorable experiences for your guests. After completing this course and passing the exam you will become certified with the Interpretive Guides Association as an Interpretive Specialist.
Date: January 23/24, 2021
Day 1 - 9:00 - 5:30 MST
Day 2 - 9:00 - 6:30 MST (course ends at 5:00 pm and then you will complete your test from 5:30 -6:30 pm)
Location: Online through Zoom.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- This course is being taught on Zoom and we highly recommend you download the Free Zoom app on your desktop or laptop before the course start date.
- You must have a very good internet connection as we must see you on video throughout the course. Participation is mandatory to become certified!
- You will get an email right after you register and pay with the course materials (including the course manual). If this email does not come through, please send an email to email@example.com.
- That email will also include The Zoom link that allows you to join the meeting. Save this to your calendar so you have it handy for the start of the course and make sure you know how to join before the first session.
- This course includes an exam and you must receive 70% or more on the exam to become certified.
- A one-year IGA membership is included in the cost of this course. Once you have registered, you will have access to the members' section of our website. This section gives you access to your certification (s), membership card, course files, handbooks, pro-deal information, receipts and more. Have a look here.
- You must pay your membership fees yearly in order to keep your certification in good standing so mark one year from your registration date onto your calendar. Emails will be sent as reminders so make sure your email address is kept up to date.
Online Course Requirements:
1.You must have a Zoom account (accounts are free and easy to join. Our course is optimized for the desktop or laptop experience).
- Working video camera (on your device or set up separately)
- Working microphone (on your device or you can use ear buds or headphones connected to your device).
Click on this video to learn more about Zoom and see if it is something you are comfortable using:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh50kVaIdAY